where can i buy Ivermectin December 2021 Submissions Calendar Update
We will begin accepting donation for the next volume of Kansas City Voices, Volume 18, on January 1, 2022, with the submission period running to March 31, 2020.
In 2021 we developed a third edition of KC Voices Youth magazine. We are currently working on partnering with local schools and arts organizations on future editions of this project. For volume 4 of KC Voices Youth, we are moving the submission period to the spring (April 1 to May 31, 2022), with the intent to publish in August.
We are actively seeking volunteers for the year’s efforts on KC Voices Youth and Kansas City Voices. If you are interested in volunteering with Kansas City’s home-grown all-volunteer nonprofit literary and arts publisher, please write us at email@example.com.
Liwonde Submissions Information
Thank you for your interest submitting to Kansas City Voices. We are a small, volunteer operated organization based in Kansas City, and we have a passion for creativity. If you would like to submit, please read our guidelines and send us your poetry, prose or art.
There is no type of work we are looking for, and while we would love for you to read through our previous issues, it is not an indicator of what kind of work we actively seek. Our editors rotate, our tastes evolve, and good work is just good work. We want to feel something when we encounter a piece. We want to be excited, surprised, thoughtful, and interested. We want to have a reaction. We want to share the best voices we find. Send us that one.
If your work is accepted in Kansas City Voices, you will be asked to attend and participate in our annual Preview Party. This is an event we do every year to celebrate and connect our contributors with other artists, writers, donors and friends. We want to provide as much support as we can to artists and writers, and putting a name and piece to a real person is part of this process. This private event takes place in September in Kansas City (MO) and is well attended (and a lot of fun).
is it safe to buy antabuse online OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS January 1 – MARCH 31, only. To make sure you have the most up to date info on our submissions process sign up for our mailing list by clicking HERE.
GENERAL SUBMISSIONS INFORMATION| KANSAS CITY VOICES
- We only accept submissions via our Submittable page. We no longer accept hard copy submission, and we don’t have the means to return any if received.
- All submissions are blind. Any submissions with identifying information will be rejected. Make sure your name, email address, and any other contact information does not appear in the attachment you upload via submittable or in the name of the file. (i.e. john smith submission.docx, smith art.jpg, etc.) We evaluate pieces based upon your creative voice and the strength of your work, only.
- Send us work that stands on its own. Book excerpts and individual chapters are difficult to present as self-contained pieces. However, if you are published in Kansas City Voices, we will happily add you and your book to our Community page to help promote it.
- Write your word count or line count at the top of your document. Please see our regulations below.
SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES| KANSAS CITY VOICES
- We accept poetry, prose, and art of all media.
- Submissions do not need to be about Kansas City or the Midwest.
- You do not have to live in Kansas City to be published by us. We publish voices from around the world.
- All work must be unpublished in other formats at time of submission, including blogs, e-zines, Facebook, etc.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please notify us if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Submission to multiple categories is allowed. The maximum number of contributions we will accept from one person is 3 poems, 2 prose pieces, and 3 art pieces.
Violation of the general submission guidelines or of the specific guidelines (set out on the Submittable form for each individual category) is an automatic disqualification.
POETRY | KANSAS CITY VOICES
- Up to 3 poems may be submitted.
- Include line count in the upper right hand corner.
- 12 point font, single spaced.
PROSE | KANSAS CITY VOICES
- 5,000 word limit.
- Include word count in the upper right hand corner.
- 12 point font, double spaced.
ART | KANSAS CITY VOICES
- Up to 3 art pieces may be submitted.
- Please use images that are 300 dpi or higher. If your full-resolution image is larger than Submittable allows, submit a compressed image and add a note to the Description field that you have a larger file available upon request
There is no cost to submit. If your work is accepted for publication you will receive one copy of the magazine. All payments are made in U.S. Dollars.
Whispering Prairie Press’s contract specifies first publication rights, only, for any pieces published in Kansas City Voices. Any reprints of work first published in Kansas City Voices must acknowledge the initial publication by listing Kansas City Voices and the volume number in with the piece appeared.
MAKE YOUR SUBMISSION |