SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES| KANSAS CITY VOICES
- We accept poetry, prose, and art of all media.
- Submissions do not need to be about Kansas City or the Midwest.
- You do not have to live in Kansas City to be published by us. We publish voices from around the world.
- All work must be unpublished in other formats at time of submission, including blogs, e-zines, Facebook, etc.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please notify us if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Submission to multiple categories is allowed. The maximum number of contributions we will accept from one person is 3 poems, 2 prose pieces, and 3 art pieces.
Violation of the general submission guidelines or of the specific guidelines (set out on the
Submittable form for each individual category) is an automatic disqualification.
POETRY | KANSAS CITY VOICES
- 35 line limit, not counting spaces or title.
- Include line count in the upper right hand corner.
- 12 point font, single spaced.
PROSE | KANSAS CITY VOICES
- 2,500 word limit.
- Include word count in the upper right hand corner.
- 12 point font, double spaced.
ART | KANSAS CITY VOICES
- 300 dpi or higher.
There is no cost to submit. If your work is accepted for publication you will receive a small payment and one copy of the magazine*. All payments are made in U.S. Dollars.
Whispering Prairie Press’s contract specifies first publication rights, only, for any pieces published in Kansas City Voices. Any reprints of work first published in Kansas City Voices must acknowledge the initial publication by listing Kansas City Voices and the volume number in with the piece appeared.
MAKE YOUR SUBMISSION |
*Due to international shipping costs, we will gladly ship to a friend or family member in the US on your behalf, or we can deduct the additional international shipping costs from your contributor payment.