GENERAL SUBMISSION INFORMATION |
• Submissions for our publications and contests are accepted online and only through Submittable. No hard copy submissions will be accepted, nor will they be returned. Please see the link at the end of these guidelines to submit your work.
• All submissions are blind. Any submissions with identifying information will be rejected.
SUBMISSION PERIOD AND DEADLINE | KANSAS CITY VOICES
•Our submissions period for Kansas City Voices runs annually from December 15 through March 15. Submissions before and after these dates will not be accepted.
• We accept art, poetry, and prose.
• There is no need for submissions to relate to Kansas City or the Midwest.
• All work must be unpublished at time of submission, including online publications such as blogs and e-zines.
• Simultaneous submissions are accepted. Please notify us if your work is accepted elsewhere.
• Submission to multiple categories is allowed. The maximum number of contributions we will accept from one person is 3 poems, 2 prose pieces, 3 art pieces.
Violation of the general submission guidelines or of the specific guidelines (set out on the
Submittables form for each individual category) is an automatic disqualification.
POETRY | KANSAS CITY VOICES
• 35 line limit, not counting spaces or title.
• Include the poem’s line count in the upper right hand corner.
• 12 point font, single spaced.
PROSE | KANSAS CITY VOICES
• 2,500 word limit.
• Include the piece’s word count in the upper right hand corner.
• 12 point font, double spaced.
ART | KANSAS CITY VOICES
• 300 dpi or higher.
No cost for submission. If your work is accepted for publication you will receive payment and one copy of the magazine*. All payments made in U.S. Dollars only.
MAKE YOUR SUBMISSION |
Click here to see the specific guidelines/pay scale for each category and upload your work, or paste the following in your web browser:
Looking to submit to our contest? Click here and scroll to the bottom of our contest page.
*Due to international shipping costs, we will gladly ship to a friend or family member in the US on your behalf, or we can deduct the additional international shipping costs from your contributor payment.